Innodisk Warranty Policy
I. Warranty Agreement
Innodisk Corporation guarantees that all Innodisk manufactured products undergo strenuous quality control testing before delivery. In the event that any product defect (nonconformity) occurred with respect to the product, Innodisk will provide product repair and replacement service within the warranty period according to this agreement.
II. Warranty Period
Examination, repair, and replacement parts are provided free of charge for the following:
|Five-Year (5-yr) Warranty
||All SLC Products
All iSLC Products
All Edge Server Products
|Three-Year (3-yr) Warranty
||All 2D MLC with DRAM Products
All 3D TLC Product
All Embedded Peripheral Products
All Embedded Peripheral Products Series
|Two-Year (2-yr) Warranty
||All 2D MLC without DRAM Products
|One-Year (1-yr) Warranty
(Adapters, Power Cables, etc.)
(Adapters, Power Cables, etc.)
||All DRAM Products
||All DRAM Products Series
Please visit the Innodisk website (https://www.innodisk.com/en/support_and_service/warranty
) and input your product’s serial number to find its Warranty Period.
III. Warranty Terms
This warranty policy does not apply to resold used products and/or products obtained from unauthorized distribution channels.
- In-warranty service: If the product is serviced or replaced within the original warranty period, Innodisk will provide service free of charge, or you will receive a replacement of your original product.
- Out-of-warranty service: If the product is serviced out of the original warranty period, you will be charged a fee, and the serviced device will receive an additional half-year warranty.
IV. Definition of Warranty Period
Innodisk-manufactured products are guaranteed to be free from defects under the conditions and for the periods stipulated in this document. The Warranty Period is counted from the date of purchase. Invoices or shipping documents must be presented when claiming warranty. If such document(s) cannot be presented, the product’s manufacturing date will be considered the start of the Warranty Period.
V. Repair and Replacement Guidelines
Customers with Innodisk manufactured products are entitled to repairs or replacement of their products within the Warranty Period. In the event of a warranty request for a product that has been discontinued or is no longer serviced, Innodisk will offer a comparable substitute product or issue a refund based on the product’s depreciated price.
VI. The Warranty is NOT subject to the following conditions:
- Manufactured products misused or abused due to non-compliance with Innodisk’s product manual.
- Any damage caused by natural disasters, such as floods, conflagrations, earthquakes, lightning strikes, typhoons, etc.; actions of intent, such as bumping, hammering, etc.; computer malfunction; human error, such as losing the product, improper storage, etc.; or other abnormal uses.
- Any damage caused by modification (installation, attachment, application of coating(s), extension, modification, reparation, and disassembly) by anyone other than an Innodisk-authorized employee with an Innodisk-approved firmware/SPD Code, or component.
- Any damage caused by a computer virus.
- Any damage resulting from physical/electronic/electromagnetic pressure and interference, unstable or misused power supply, lightning and static electricity, flame or other acts of God, etc.
- Any damage caused by exposure to improper environments for the specified device, such as high temperature, high humidity, etc.
- Any damage caused by mishandling during the transportation to Innodisk for repair.
- Any damage caused by any research or development usage or professional testing/examination.
- Innodisk does not warrant, and shall not be responsible for any loss of data/software stored or installed in any manufactured products, including returned units.
- The warranty is invalid when the Innodisk sticker is removed or damaged in any way.
- Any improper action that causes the flash to exceed the lifespan limitation. (Erase count MLC: over 3,000 times, iSLC (2D MLC): over 20,000 times, iSLC (3D TLC): over 30,000 times, SLC: over 60,000 times, 3D TLC: over 3,000 times, 3D eTLC: over 10,000 times) The erase count is determined using Innodisk’s iSMART tool.
VII. Standard Procedure of Claiming Warranty
- RMA Service:
- Apply for RMA service on the “MyInnodisk” page (on the Innodisk website)
Customers can log in to “MyInnodisk” to apply for an RMA number. Please check the Innodisk official website (https://www.innodisk.com/myinnodisk/Login.aspx) or contact our Sales Department for more details.
- Apply for RMA by Sales / RMA Center
Please send a FAX or EMAIL to the Innodisk Sales Department regarding the detail of the defect to receive your authorized RMA number. Complete the RMA request form with ship-to address, contact information, and the RMA number clearly marked on the parcel. The customer is responsible for one-way shipping, and insurance (optional). Innodisk’s Sales Department must receive the RMA product within 30 days after the RMA number was generated.
Innodisk Corporation RMA Center Address:
4F., No. 237, Sec. 1, Datong Rd., Xizhi Dist., 221 New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- RMA Charge: Innodisk’s RMA Department will check the mechanical appearance and any damages within 3 working days after receiving the RMA item(s). A maintenance offer will be provided to clients and the decision of acceptance or rejection must be returned within 3 working days, or the client is deemed to have waived their rights.
VIII. DOA Policy
All Innodisk manufactured products are under DOA “defect on arrival” policy within 45 days from the invoice date. This policy does not apply to any products that have been repaired, misused or any other improper actions that lead to a malfunction for the customer. Innodisk will provide a replacement product to the customer in a timely manner after Innodisk receives the defective product. Products that have been in use beyond the DOA period will only be repaired under the terms of the Innodisk warranty statement.
IX. Product Change Notice (PCN) / Product End Of Life (EOL)
- Innodisk will provide 3 months’ notice before the last day a product can be ordered. Modifications a product may be subject to include replacement of essential component(s), product enhancement, etc.
- Customers can continue to place orders for these products after receiving the PCN or EOL. Innodisk does not accept orders received after the PCN or EOL effective date.
- This warranty is complete and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether oral or written, between you and Innodisk.
- Innodisk is obligated to provide warranty service, but the costs related to replacing materials and components will be charged if the Warranty Period and Warranty Terms do not apply. Please contact Innodisk for further details regarding these charges.
- This warranty policy only covers Innodisk-manufactured products with a defect or components that need to be replaced.
- The software or digital content that comes with Innodisk’s products, whether it is on Compact Disc, pre-loaded, or available for download on the official website, are not covered within this warranty policy.
- This warranty policy is effective for all Innodisk manufactured products shipped out after 1 May 2005.
Innodisk Corporation does not provide service under any circumstances other than those previously mentioned in the warranty policy, nor carry any other implicit, explicit, or subsidiary obligation in the warranty policy. Please refer to, and only to, the warranty policy for Innodisk Corporation's service obligations. The warranty policy supersedes any other promise in oral or written form. The warranty policy does not cover any random, extraordinary, direct, or indirect damage that comes with the manufactured product, even when Innodisk Corporation has been notified of the possibility of such damages. All actions of reparation, replacement, or refund by Innodisk Corporation are in fulfillment of the promises indicated under the warranty policy. Innodisk Corporation will update the warranty policy from time to time. For the latest version, please refer to the official website.