Last Update on June 8, 2018
The Innodisk website (www.innodisk.com) (the “Innodisk Website”) is a website operated and maintained by Innodisk Corporation, a company headquartered in Taiwan (hereafter “We” or “Innodisk”). Innodisk is committed to protecting the personal information collected thereby.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION INNODISK COLLECTS FROM YOU
Generally, you can browse through the Innodisk Website without having to provide any personal information except in the following circumstances:
- When you decide to subscribe to InnoNews, you will be required to enter your email address.
- In case you decide to submit an inquiry, you will be required to enter information such as your name, company name, office telephone number, email address, country of your location.
You are not required to provide any of the above information. However, please note that if you choose not to provide the above information, we may not be able to provide you with the news delivery as you would like or respond to your inquiries.
A “Cookie” is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device (such as desktop, laptop, tablet) when the user accesses certain websites (Cookie(s)). Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. The information below explains the cookies we use on our website and why we use them:
- Cookies and similar technologies allow us to provide you with, for example, customized information from our Website and to make our Website more user-friendly through customer recognition, understanding and facilitation of the customer browsing behavior. This may include, for example, remembering your log-in information so you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our Website.
- In addition, Cookies allow us to understand which pages you have visited and to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website.
- Our website also employs Cookies and similar technologies placed by our carefully selected third party partner(s), such as Google, to manage our commercial relationship with those partners.
- You can enable or disable Cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, to make full use of the Innodisk Website, Cookies need to be enabled on your browser or device. If you choose not to allow Cookies you will not be able to browse parts of our website.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how you navigate to and access our Website. These Cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. Such service helps us understand how long customers spend visiting different pages and how often they return to our Website. Google Analytics also helps our marketing colleagues to improve the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns. You can find out how to opt out of these cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should you choose to subscribe to InnoNews or any marketing or business newsletter of Innodisk, Innodisk will share your email addresses with its newsletter distribution service providers including Itpison Information Co. Ltd.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION; TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION; RETENTION
Information that we collect from you will be stored primarily on our servers located in Taiwan. Where we need to share such information to our service provider(s) as described above, the data may subsequently be transferred to, stored and processed in countries where Innodisk or its service providers maintain facilities.
Information that we collect may be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined above, or for a period of time specifically required by applicable regulations or laws.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Innodisk is committed to safeguarding your personal information that has been made available to us, and we strive to implement security measures and procedures that are consistent with industry standards to ensure that your personal information remains safe with us.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where Innodisk collects and/or processes your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- In addition, you have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- copy or transfer your personal data;
- demand rectification of incorrect or incomplete data;
- require deletion or removal of your personal data;
- request not to be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms;
- impose restriction on processing of your personal data; and
- object to the processing of your personal data based on grounds other than your express consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority having jurisdiction over Innodisk should you believe that Innodisk has violated your privacy right through inappropriate use of your personal data and has failed to promptly cure such violation upon receipt of your request for cure.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent, please let us know using the methods described below and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Address: 5F., No. 237, Sec. 1, Datong Rd., Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221, Taiwan
Email: [email protected]