Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Fleet Management
There are many risks associated with transportation of hazardous materials. Fire, explosion, environmental contamination and pollution are all potential catastrophic consequences of mismanagement. A solid on-board data recording system can help mitigate associated risks through efficient planning and fleet management and will help facilitate a safe journey from start to end.
Fleet management can also help mitigate risk factors associated with driver behavior. For instance, the vehicle operator is overspeeding or overloading, or not sticking to the planned route. These scenarios increase the risk of accidents and might also be indications of foul play.
- Real-time monitoring: the customer needed to monitor and handle issues in a timely manner
- Safe delivery: secure data recording of the whole journey from start to destination
- Efficient planning: the system had to be able to handle route planning and management
- Harsh environment: the client needed a durable and sturdy system
- Fleet management ready: strong demand for fast and rugged network performance
- Efficient data recording: secure and fast data writing speeds
- Wide temperature: modules designed and tested for extreme thermal conditions
- Robust design: all modules designed to withstand tough mechanical stress
Innodisk presented a solution with fast and durable components. With this in place, the client was able to efficiently monitor both the truck and operator behavior. This enabled effective planning, and ensured correct driver behavior. The solution helped streamline the transport process and increase productivity, saving costs for the operator, and more importantly, lowering the associated risks of transporting hazardous materials, creating an overall safer environment for the handling of hazardous materials.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining a strong line of communication all the way from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailormade solution that fits your application. We remain committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware and software integration.