A Chinese manufacturer found the perfect surveillance solution with Innodisk’s 2400MT/s Very Low-profile (VLP) DRAM. The VLP module was mounted on a 1U switch. The switch would handle a large amount of data, so reliable heat dispersal, memory speed, and capacity were imperative.
Our Roadmap to Success
- Low-profile – 0.738 inches, an easy fit for 1U platforms
- 8GB capacity for heavy workloads
- Data transfer speed at 2400MT/s
- Excellent heat dispersal
- 30μ” Gold Fingers
- Anti-Sulfuration protection
Chinese Manufacturer Reaching the Needed Networking and Surveillance Performance through Innodisk Memory Solution
A longstanding partner of Innodisk in China was in need of a memory solution for their newest networking switch. The switch would operate under heavy workloads, and the system had a low error tolerance. Furthermore, the client was worried about potential heat dispersal issues.
The manufacturer looked to Innodisk for help in solving these challenges, and with assistance the manufacturer could implement a solution that provided a small-footprint, high-performance and a sophisticated error correcting code (ECC) function.
- Strict Requirements: Network switches require both highspeed and high-capacity memory
- Low Error Tolerance: Errors during transmission can severely impact networking operations
- High Temperature: Heat dispersal issues due to the smallsized 1U cabinet
- High-Performance Module: Provided both the needed speed and capacity
- Handling Every Error: Implemented Error Correcting Code (ECC) ensures minimal errors during data transfer
- Easy Fit: The low profile of the VLP DIMM ensures optimized airflow and efficient heat dispersal
With Innodisk’s 8GB 2400MT/s VLP DIMM installed, the customer found that all requirements had been fully met. This solution ensured that that the network switch could efficiently handle large data streams with no performance issues and efficient heat dispersal. The switch could thus easily fit into any highperformance surveillance infrastructure without the risk of data or quality loss.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining a strong line of communication all the way from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailormade solution that fits your application. We remain committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware and software integration.