Customized Industrial-Grade Storage and Memory for Australian Manufacturer of Food Packaging Equipment
Mass packaging is essential to ensure integrity during transportation and the safe consumption of food items. The machinery involved in these processes need to efficiently churn out products on an around-the-clock basis and have an extremely low tolerance for downtime. Being designed to last 5 to 10 years means that only the most enduring components are acceptable.
Facing these challenges, an experienced manufacturer of food packing equipment based in Australia approached Innodisk for a memory and storage solution for a module-based device. The device would pack at a rate of up to 300 items per minute, and keeping downtime to a bare minimum was the number one priority. Due to module restrictions, the client also needed a solution to solve compatibility issues with the flashcards.
- 24/7 operations: The client needed components that could handle long-term, continuous operations
- Module-based: The components had to fit within a space-constrained and easily swappable module
- Customization challenges: The client needed to fit the components to an already existing platform that required modification
- High endurance solution: Long-lasting flash storage and industrial-grade memory ensures that the device will perform reliably over the product lifespan
- Easy-fit components: Innodisk could provide small form factor components that could be easily implemented on the space restricted platform
- Cross-over extension: With no available connectors, the storage card was implemented on a cross-over that enabled a quick and easy swap if needed
The manufacturer found both the needed endurance and a customized solution through Innodisk expertise. With this design in place, the module and the components could deliver lasting performance and could be easily swapped if necessary to keep downtime to a minimum.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining a strong line of communication all the way from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We remain committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware and software integration.